(serves 4 as a side)
- 1kg Crème Royale potatoes (peeled & cut into quarters or eighths depending on size)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbs freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 red onion (sliced into thin half moon slices)
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- Place potatoes into a saucepan and just cover with cold water. Add a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and then turn down to medium and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a knife. Drain and set aside.
- In a small jug or bowl extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and S&P.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add 1 tbs of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring regularly until just softened. Add the potatoes and garlic. Toss gently to combine and coat in the oil. The ingredients are just being softened and cooked not browned.
- Pour over the dressing and add the herbs. Gently toss or mix to combine. Add the spinach and toss it through until is just starts to wilt. Serve immediately.
- great served alongside grilled meats like beef, lamb, chicken or even sausages.
- to make into a complete one pan meal add some sliced chorizo or chopped pancetta with the onion or stir through some drained canned tuna at the end before serving.